Gaga for Garlic Bread
Is there a better side for pasta than garlic bread? (Clearly the Atkins diet is lost on me…) Keith has a very simple, very yummy recipe that we make with spaghetti, soup, salads — basically any chance we get!
– 1 foot-long baguette
– 4 tablespoons butter, softened (1/4 cup or half of a 4-ounce stick)
– two handfuls grated Pecorino Romano
– 2 tablespoons minced garlic
– pepper, Italian seasoning to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Cut the baguette lengthwise.
2) Mix the butter, cheese and garlic. Spread evenly on the sliced baguette. Add pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
3) Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4) Cut into pieces and use to mop up your favorite sauce.
Note: We used a blend of Romano and shredded mozzarella (whatever we had in the fridge) today, with very tasty results!