Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Sometimes, all I really want a vegetable. After a decadent Sunday brunch at The Smith, I needed some vitamins and minerals, and had to have this broccoli from Ina Garten. Granted, I didn’t end up making it until Wednesday night, but it was so worth the wait. Quick and delicious, it would be the perfect side dish for any meal. Or, you know, your entire dinner, if you’re lazy and you really like broccoli.
– 2 pounds broccoli
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 lemon
– 1/3 cup Parmesan, shredded or grated
– olive oil
– salt and pepper, to taste
1) Cut the florets off the broccoli. Toss with the garlic and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
2) Roast in the oven at 425˚F for 25 minutes, until the florets are slightly browned.
3) Toss them with the lemon juice and zest and the Parmesan. (Ina also adds toasted pine nuts and basil, but I liked it better without).
It would be great tossed with a little extra oil and some penne, if you wanted it to be, you know, an actual meal. You could also add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.